AgSouth Farm Credit is a member of the nearly 100-year-old Farm Credit System, the largest provider of credit to American agriculture.
We are a member-owned lending cooperative headquartered in Statesboro, Georgia, with administrative offices in Spartanburg and Orangeburg, South Carolina.
The cooperative employs approximately 230 full- and part-time employees. The board of directors consists of 13 individuals elected by the membership of the Association, and 3 outside directors elected by the board.
AgSouth shares profits with member-borrowers through our patronage program. We have a strong history of being able to send cash-back payments to our members, and 2012 was our 22nd consecutive year of distributing that patronage.
In 1997, the cooperative formed AgSouth Mortgages to offer secondary market home loan products. AgSouth Mortgages provides loans for home purchases, improvements and refinances for those who do not qualify under established Farm Credit guidelines.
1916: Farm Credit System is established.
1933: Farm Credit Act creates new consolidated credit system to help farmers during The Great Depression.
1968: All federal capital repaid by the Farm Credit System, giving borrowers full ownership.
1971: New Farm Credit Act expands services to rural mortgages, leasing and more.
2013: The Farm Credit System provides more than $191 billion in credit and services to borrowers.