AgSouth Growing Our Communities Grant
Keeping the future of agriculture bright
Each year, AgSouth Farm Credit supports non-profit organizations and farmers markets with grants of up to $5,000 to help in their endeavors and to further the future of agriculture in our region of Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Grant Mission & Objectives
The AgSouth Growing Our Communities Grant's mission is to build strong partnerships and alliances, leveraging the resources within our grant program to preserve and promote the farmer, the family, and our communities. The grant has three main objectives:
- Invest in the future of agriculture.
- Enhance and impact the quality of life in the AgSouth territory.
- Be recognized as a leading corporate citizen in the AgSouth territory.
The AgSouth Growing Our Communities Grant operates on an application-based grant system. Grants will be awarded for up to $5,000 per organization per year. To be considered for funding, organizations' values and purpose must align with the grant program's mission. Applications must be submitted online. You will be asked to attach a copy of your organization's W9 to the application prior to submission. Incomplete applications cannot be accepted. Please make sure you complete all fields prior to submission.
As part of the application, organizations must submit a project the grant will help fund. Examples of previously funded projects include but are not limited to:
• Providing farmers market programming for children
• Purchasing fans for a livestock arena to help cool the animals
• Developing a comprehensive chick hatching program to give tools and resources to those wanting to raise backyard flocks
• Opening a demonstration farm in conjunction with a local school district
• Purchasing grain bin rescue equipment for fire and rescue teams
• Funding a bee-keeping education program for vulnerable youths
• Purchasing an irrigation system at a local Farmers Market
• Expanding a local church garden space and adding fencing
• Hosting an annual agricultural event
• Purchasing a cargo trailer to transport livestock equipment
• Building a school greenhouse
Grants will be considered for programs only in the 147 counties and geographic areas where AgSouth Farm Credit conducts business. Grants will only be awarded to non-profit organizations and farmers markets and will not be awarded to individuals or private farms.
Grant applications will be accepted from April 3 to June 30th. Proposals will be reviewed and grants will be awarded in the fourth quarter.
The 2024 AgSouth Growing Our Communities Grant application period is now closed. The 2025 application period will open April 1, 2024.
Please contact Jocelyn Roten, Marketing Specialist, at Jocelyn.Roten@AgSouthFC.com or by phone at (704) 761-2897 or 844.AGSOUTH.