Looking to buy or build your dream home?
AgSouth Mortgages, a division of AgSouth Farm Credit, makes loans for:
- Homes with Acreage
- Homes in Town & in the Country
- Vacation Properties
- Investment Properties
- Up to 97% Financing for First-Time Homebuyers
- Up to 95% Financing for Conventional Loans
- USDA & VA Loans with 0% down
Construction-to-Permanent (C2P) Loans
Finance land, construction and permanent financing with one closing!
- Save money with one closing
- Lock-in fixed rate during construction with the ability
to lower rate upon completion if market changes, without fees.
Refinance Your Home Loan
Are you wondering if now is a good time to refinance? Rate, equity and closing costs are things you should consider. Contact an originator today to explain the refinancing process and how we can help you decide if it's right for you.
Have a mortgage expert contact me
Rural Home Construction Loans with AgSouth Farm Credit
If your dream is a custom built home in the country then AgSouth Farm Credit’s Rural Home Construction Loan may be best for you. Once your home is complete, we can finance your mortgage under the same roof!
- Flexible draw schedules
- Quick turnarounds on draws
- Payments can go directly to the builder with the home owner’s approval for an efficient process
- Up to 85% financing
Frequently asked questions
- How do I know how much house I can afford?
Generally speaking, you can purchase a home with a value of two or three times your annual household income. However, the amount that you can borrow will also depend upon your employment history, credit history, current savings and debts, and the amount of down payment you are willing to make.
You may also be able to take advantage of special loan programs for first time buyers to purchase a home with a higher value. Give us a call, and we can help you determine exactly how much you can afford.
- How do I know which type of mortgage is best for me?
There is no simple formula to determine the type of mortgage that is best for you. This choice depends on a number of factors, including your current financial picture and how long you intend to keep your house. AgSouth Mortgages can help you evaluate your choices and help you make the most appropriate decision.
- What does my mortgage payment include?
For most homeowners, the monthly mortgage payments include three separate parts:
- Principal: Repayment on the amount borrowed
- Interest: Payment to the lender for the amount borrowed
- Taxes & Insurance: Monthly payments are normally made into a special escrow account for items like hazard insurance and property taxes. This feature is sometimes optional, in which case the fees will be paid by you directly to the County Tax Assessor and property insurance company
*Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) may be required for downpayments less than 20% percent.
- How much cash will I need to purchase a home?
The amount of cash that is necessary depends on a number of items. Generally speaking, though, you will need to supply:
- Earnest Money: The deposit that is supplied when you make an offer on the house
- Down Payment: A percentage of the cost of the home that is due at settlement
- Closing Costs: Costs associated with processing paperwork to purchase or refinance a house
- What does my credit score mean?
Learn how your score is calculated, what factors go in to your credit history, and how to use that information to your advantage. Click here.
- How can I improve my credit score?
So what constitutes a good credit score? Typically, credit scores range from 300 – 850 regardless of the credit bureau providing the score. Each of the three bureaus calculate scores differently, so don’t be alarmed if your lender doesn’t have the exact number you do. Learn more here.
- What are some mortgage tips for first-time homebuyers?
From credit scores to down payments, we discuss six things all first-time home buyers should consider before making their purchase. Learn more here.
- What should I have on hand before I apply?
Here’s some information typically required by a lender for a home loan. It may sound like a lot, but the lender is taking a risk by lending money to someone they don’t know over an extended period of time. They need to make sure they cover all the bases to protect them and their other borrowers. For all applicants, you will need:
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License
- Residence Addresses for the Past 2 Years
- Names & Addresses of Employers for the Past 2 Years
- Gross Monthly Salary & Current Paystubs For the Last Month
- Names, Addresses, Account Numbers and Balances of All of Your Open Credit
- Addresses of All Real Estate Owned by You
- Loan Information on All Real Estate Owned by You
- Estimated Value of Furniture & Personal Property
- Last 2 Years of W2s or, if Self-Employed, the Last 2 Years of Tax Returns
*Disclaimer - Loans through AgSouth Mortgages do not qualify for Patronage.
Home loans through AgSouth Farm Credit
AgSouth has been financing rural homes and properties for a century, and no one does it better! Whether your dream is buy or build a home in the country with just a few acres to yourself or a plantation where you can raise horses or cows, we can make it happen.
Our loan officers are experts in the field of rural financing, and we have programs to meet any need either through AgSouth Mortgages as noted above or via an in-portfolio loan.
- Home purchases
- Home construction
- Home improvements
- Home refinancing
- Share in our profits
- Conventional Mortgage Programs
- Homes with unlimited acres