Farmer's market grant application
AgSouth supports local farmers markets and encourages our local communities to think outside the store when planning their grocery trips and budget.
Click here to see the 2018 Think Outside the Store grant recipients
If you're the operator or owner of a farmers market, you may be eligible for a grant to help make your success a little easier.
AgSouth is committed to providing $25,000 in grants to farmers markets in our coverage area during 2018. Fifty markets will receive $500 in cash to advertise their markets.
The grant application deadline was 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2018.
Our team will review your grant applications, and winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Your market must fall within AgSouth’s service territory. AgSouth serves 34 South Carolina and 59 Georgia counties. To see a list of counties, click here.
- The market must be open at least 8 days over a 2-month period with at least 10 vendor booths open on market days.
- At least 50 percent of your market vendors must sell agriculturally-related products, and you must provide a list of the vendors with their contact information as part of your application. Applications with an incomplete vendor list will not be eligible for the grant.
- Your grant application must include a detailed plan that incorporates the AgSouth Farm Credit or Think Outside the Box® logo or AgSouth Farm Credit’s name in your promotion. Plans that do not include AgSouth will be disqualified from our grant program.
- You must turn in the fully completed application by 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2018. Entries received after that date will be disqualified.
Applications must be completed in full in order to qualify.